Overnight Trail Ride Tours To The Barn
We offer professionally guided tours on horseback to ‘The Barn’. This magnificent old building is a local piece of history situated on our property set on a picturesque creek flat amongst peaceful surroundings.
- cruise into Coonawarra Farm Resort after a leisurely lunch along the way. Arrive approximately 1.00pm for a 1.30pm ride departure.
- ride through native bushland and meandering creeks below majestic mountain ranges.
- settle into ‘The Barn’ and indulge in cold drinks around a cosy campfire, awaiting a wholesome homestyle cooked meal.
- rise & shine to a hot shower & a hearty cooked breakfast.
- then saddle-up and ride back through open grazing country with beautiful views to complete your weekend.
- Share accommodation
- Hot showers
- Kitchen/lounge containing gas barbeque & stove
- Large fridge
- Inside open fireplace
- Outside campfire & covered eating area & pizza oven.
Minimum of eight, maximum of eighteen. Level of riding experience to be confirmed prior to ride.
What To Bring
- Sleeping bag/pillow
- warm clothes
- shoes/boots with a heel for riding
- personal items
- alcohol/soft drinks
We recommend your own drink/water bottle to carry on horseback during warm/hot weather.
Choice Of Overnight Rides (prices per person inc. GST)
Half/day Overnight Ride
Includes two, three hour return trips leaving from Coonawarra at 1.30pm and arriving at ‘The Barn’ approximately 4.30pm. Riding out 9.30am and arriving back at the horse yards at approximately 12.30pm.
- Catered ~ $310.00
- Uncatered ~ $255.00
Two/hour Overnight Ride
Includes two, two hour return trips leaving from Coonawarra at 1.30pm and arriving at ‘The Barn’ approximately 3.30pm. Riding out 10.00am and arriving back at the horse yards at approximately 12 noon.
- Catered ~ $230.00
- Uncatered ~ $175.00
One Hour Overnight Ride
Includes two one hour return trips departing Coonawarra at 2:00pm, arriving at The Barn approximately 3:00pm, leaving next day 10:00am and arriving back at Coonawarra 11:00am.
- Catered ~ $190.00
- Uncatered ~ $135.00
Rides depart from the horse yards at Coonawarra Farm Resort, 3545 Bairnsdale-Dargo Road, Glenaladale. From Bairnsdale drive approximately 30 min.
Travel through Lindenow, heading towards Dargo. We are opposite the Mitchell River National Park. From Sale head towards Bairnsdale, drive 20kms past Stratford,
Turn left at the Dargo Road turnoff & follow signs to Coonawarra Farm Resort.
Updated July 2016 – Prices subject to change without notice.